请注意，本文编写于 256 天前，最后修改于 211 天前，其中某些信息可能已经过时。
How to be diplomatic (soften your language).
In some situations, you should be diplomatic so that you don't offend anyone.
- Soften the language.
- Using modal verbs.
- Using negative questions.
1、This isn't good.
- I think this could be improved.
- Why don't we make some changes to this?
- Wouldn't this be better if ...?
2、I don't like it.
- I'm not a big fan of ...
- I'm not too keen on ...
- ...isn't really to my taste.
- ...isn't my cup of tea.
- ...isn't my favourite.
- I'm not sure that's entirely accurate.
4、I’m not satisfied with ...
- This isn't exactly what I had in my mind.
- I have some reservations.
5、Would you like to ...
- I'm afraid I can't at the moment. Actually, I need to ...
6、Can I speak to you?
- I'm a bit busy right now, could you give me a minute?
- That's not a bad idea, but .... How about ...?
Do/Did you Know ...?
What's the difference between "Did you know" and "Do you know"?
Do you know means we don't know something(the answer) but we want to get some infoamation.
- Do you know where I can buy nice shoes?
- Do you know what time it is?
Did you know means I know this and I want to tell you a fact. I want to see you know the fact.
- Did you know Mt.everst is the world's tallest mountain?
- Did you know the most common letter in English is "e"?
Phrasal Verbs: Add “OUT” to change the meaning of these 8 verbs
Course Links: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr4RYby4L6Q
- Looking out is used to mean be careful(Look out! The car is coming!). On the other hand, Look out means paying attention to do something(I will look out for you!).
- Staying out means to remain out for a long time(He stayed out all night).
- Pointing out means to draw your attention to something(My teacher always points out my mistakes carefully).
- Working out means exercising or solving questions.
- Wearing out means something can't be used anymore it's no longer usable. On the other hand, it means you're so tired(My T-shirt is wearing out. / Today I'm so tired, I am wearing out.).
- Ruling out means you eliminate the possibility(You can rule out possibilities or answers).
- Standing out means something or some people are noticeable
- Finding out means discovering or learning(I need to find out when the next bus leaves).
Psychology of investing
- rational, 理性的. emotional: 情绪化的. fear, adj.害怕的. greed, adj.贪婪的.
- dip one's toes into something: 正尝试做某事. I heard my favorite friend is dipping his toes into investing.
- I suggest .... as well: 我建议……. I suggest you can learn some new skills about your work as well.
- In my humble opinion, 在我看来. In my humble opinion, they're ultimately driven by emotions like fear and greed.
- a pretty significant edge, 一个很大的优势. Understanding this will give you a pretty significant edge.
- playing the long game, 做长期打算. Emotional states can make us forget we're playing the long game.
- Looks like I've got some homework to do, 看来我还有一些功课需要去做.
Children with Autism
- autism: n.自闭症
- coping mechanisms: 应对机制. A lot of people use alcohol as a coping mechanism against hard times.
- overload: n. 超载, 过重的负担. Nobody says that money is overload. / When I get into this meeting, people dump lots of information on me. I can't process it, so it's information overload for me.
- stimulation: n. 刺激; 鼓励; 鼓舞. stimming: n. 自我刺激行为.
- information gap: There is a huge information gap out there. And when we're dealing with little kids at school, sometimes an information gap can be really dangerous thing.
- Adjusting to a new environment: 适应新环境.
- somebody's first encounter with...: 第一次遇到…….
- That's great advice!
版权声明：本文章采用 知识共享署名-非商业性使用-相同方式共享 4.0 国际许可协议 。